Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So What's This About?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Just tried a few different random files...no trouble whatsoever.

Less than 8 cents/day to join something that supports your hobby >>> https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/payments.php

Assuming, that priorities are provided to membership...that may not be so in this case.
    What browser do you use? I've tried Chrome and Edge and can't download. Why do some have no issues and others are having problems? And it seems few have no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post

Please tell me this is not falsely elevating download popularity numbers?

That may explain the message that the server(s) are overwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    What browser do you use? I've tried Chrome and Edge and can't download. Why do some have no issues and others are having problems? And it seems few have no issues.
    firefox ver 100.0.2
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Firefox 100.0.2 x64 Just tried to start a 855mb download. Get a security screen and then nothing happens.

I didn't want the file just testing.

First Class member

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Hi All,
    Just downloaded (probably the same) 855MB file in 4 minutes without any problems or extra screens. Using Google Chrome v101.0.4951.67

Cheers,
    Ged

Last edited by slipperman; 05-22-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Sometimes one gets lucky and it'll work. But mostly you can't download. I did PM Eric and he said the servers are out of his jurisdiction so he can't help other than inform the higher ups there's a problem. So I guess the ball is in Nels court along with those who run the servers. I just tested downloading and at the moment it works. But will it be OK say 5-10 minutes from now?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    firefox ver 100.0.2
    Today I have tried with Internet Explorer (the browser I always use) and with Edge but I can't download nothing at all!
    First time I habé troubles in my long relation with TrainSim.com, which I visit every day of my life and that is the best site for Train Simulator fans, I think.
    This problema happen after the annonce "... we will be moving the site to new servers as a planned upgrade."
    I am desolated. If anyone can help!
    Regards.
    Mateus

It's still crapped out (AEST 1755 PM or 0755Z) Monday 23rd.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Just tried from UK using Edge - All ok
    Regards,

Nick

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    Just tried from UK using Edge - All ok
    Well I suppose it will obviously be all ok for first class members, as is evident from the message the rest of us get.

Still waiting for this phase to pass quickly