Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report bugs for Update 5.23.2022 here

I like the points above about the ability to see, edit, and delete special locations. I wasn't aware of the bug with passenger times. As mentioned above lack of timetable operations makes it pointless for me and I just run stuff. Though some of my ideas involve it as well as AI trains that can reverse direction. Cab equipment to run in either direction I imagine is what is needed for the SW. The SE doesn't have any but the NE could use that as well for some of the commuter trains that do come up the Hudson.

Thanks

Sean
    Railroader - Coming To Steam 2023
    My Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    My YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

OTTO unable to route UP trains from Silverwood on the BNSF Cajon Sub to CP Silverwood on the UPRR Palmdale cut off.

Not sure whether I mentioned it earlier in the thread but the intermittent lateral jinking or jerking going around curves is still there and also affects Donner.
    Sadly makes the game unplayable.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ....... the intermittent lateral jinking or jerking going around curves is still there and also affects Donner.
    I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this?
    I haven't and Vern's appears to be the only mention of it.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I have not experienced it either.

For some, jerking is because fps is set to unlimited and seasick multiplier is turned up. Set the fps to 53-60 and start with the seasick setting off. FPS above 60 do nothing to improve Run8 no matter how powerful the computer/graphics controller. It does cause jerking and stutter, however, with lesser systems and some even experience it with the latest, cutting-edge builds.

I’m pretty certain I have vsync on and capped at 60 FPS but I will certainly give the seasick multiplier a try, though still IMHO a bug as you shouldn’t have to lose the sensation of cab sway to get smooth passage through curved track.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I’m pretty certain I have vsync on and capped at 60 FPS but I will certainly give the seasick multiplier a try, though still IMHO a bug as you shouldn’t have to lose the sensation of cab sway to get smooth passage through curved track.
    Vsync only works with True Borderless enabled and like unlimited fps setting, doesn't do much, if anything, to enhance Run8. If you don't have a super-machine, it will also cause jerking. I would turn vsync off in addition to limiting the fps. In my case it eliminated the jerking even with the seasick setting at max.

Okay quick update. With vsync off but FPS capped at 60 and seasick turned down to just two marks on the scale, the problem is still there exactly as described and before.
    Vern.

Vern, ensure Windows is using the best graphics/computer resources when running Run8. Many times, it defaults to the onboard graphics & not Nvidia to save power. Here are the settings:

Graphics.jpg