Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dash9 pak 3 is out 9.01.22

Default Dash9 pak 3 is out 9.01.22

Dash 9 pak 3 is out today also with two BNSF H1 and H3 and CSX YN2 and YN3 paints with new cabs also

http://www.run8studios.com/trainsets.shtml
    Work Safe play hard

Look good but I really wish they would do some vintage diesels, maybe Alcos too.
    Vern.

Just purchased the 3x Dash 9 paks and Roseville.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

The funny thing is I haven't pruchased any of those I'm still not sure how much I'm going to be running come the new year. I still don't have the woodchip cars.

As much as I like the packs I find it involves too many regions west and east. If I could limit the western stuff in eastern spawns (such as probability) I might bite at some point.

As nice as Roseville seems I don't think it's for me. Same with Bakersfield. The one I'm certainly going to get is Fitzgerald if it comes out sooner than later. My eyes are starting to wonder a bit more obviously to other titles. Run8 will always remain and be there if and when I need it.

Thanks

Sean

I have a feeling the Fitz is going to be the dog's dangly bits - an essential purchase.
    Vern.

Heeeeeeeeeeeelp i have forgotten how to do this. Kept trying to board a loco on Roseville and it kept driving off. Got in the cab eventually by pure accident. Can i make the consist AI again from the cab. I just want to ride along and look at the new route.

Dumbo here already owned Dash 9 01 pak, only realised when i was moving purchased files to my storage folder for Run8. When it asked did i want to overwrite Dash 9 01

Sean you are just not a true believer. Or to put it another way, you are not as stupid as me.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Panic over, everybody just calm the heck down.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Oh I believe in Run8 and I think version 3 is awesome. One of the things that stood out to me when this sim hit was NEW REGIONS. If Roseville that looks impressive enough their idea that's not what I'm looking for.

What I'm not at the moment is exclusive to Run8 as I once was. Once I see more DLC in the form of regions that appeal to me personally where I know I can run single player in the way I personally like to run that may change back again. RTS on average once apon a time had a server where you had at least 6 dedicated users and some times as much as a dozen. We could actually operate a railroad to it's full capacity or found ways of making that happen.

Many people run different ways. Some just want to get in a train have meets and don't care about all the others going on. I like to have the option of being able to do anything. Like a model railroad club where you sign up for a job and every job is working provided they have a minimum number of people.

This is why Railroader has me interested now. But I am in the process of getting my single player working in Waycross as of this weekend thanks to the help of Scott for data entry. I'm hoping to even host again by the fall. If all goes well I may be running 2 train simulators that both have potential in Run8 and Railroader come next year.

Run8 continues to evolve and will get better I'm sure. But the competition for time and money is coming. That's why I hold off my commitment to certain purchases like cars in a sim that I may actually put to the side in the not too distant future. It's nothing personal it's simply preference.

Thanks

Sean

I don't want to get off topic but I think I owe it to explain what I am looking for. I'm not opposed to the size of the region (that is what AI is capable of doing quite nicely now). However it's the actual manpower requirements that AI can't do. So if you have a line with tons of industries or switching that requires more manpower to operate as real as it gets.

If I start at midnight without altering the clock and begin those yard and switching operations I should be able to accomplish all those tasks within those 24 hours. As a bonus I'd love to have some free time to actually run one of those through trains. This acutally makes Mojave and Needles (less the SJVR) the most likely candidate. However when you bring in 2 railroads now your dealing with Mojave switchers, Barstow switchers and 2 Bakersfield switchers.

As a single player you have the option of spawning further in (so you don't include say Bakersfield). Long switchers such as an Edison local can be partially AI'd.

From my experience when I put those limitations in it turns off clients. In other words the last server I had was the entire south east. We ran it over 7 day cycles and we couldn't keep up. Not enough manpower was the issue. My goal is to create something where I'm the common denomenator. In other words something that I can run if nobody shows up. But also others can run and still feel a complete route.

There are lots of tricks I'm doing that nobody else does that I'm aware of such as fake industries and escape valve industries. These are ways of promoting realistic consists (which help a hump yard become more efficient) as well as industires that turn entire trains after a given amount of time if they are not switched by someone.

I'm hoping I'm finally at a point where I can run something I enjoy and open it to the server once again while not falling behind into a hole that can not be overcome.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Sean

Pack 3 is pretty good. I would have liked NS since they ran more DC power. But I'll take BNSF H3 and CSX.