Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Report bugs for Update 5.23.2022 here

Still getting the janky camera spasms, and at sunset a gray circular splatter (bloody pigeons!) tends to cross the windscreen. First time I saw that gray splatter was after sun down and I thought the windscreen was fogging up from all the heavy breathing the conductor was doing...windshield heat did zero, then saw it the next day at sunrise so may be some kind of lighting artifact. I'm running an nVidia 3070
    Avidly simming on the rails:
    Currently operating Run 8

I guess i should jump in here as well but i as well am still experincing the jerking camera..even turning seasick off it still does the sporadic jerking i have my framerates capped at 55 running and RX6900XT even though i thought this was suppose to be patched it seems alot worse
    Also something else that seems kinda odd is if the weather changes let's just say from sunny to rainy it sinks the framerates and the jerking gets really bad i have tried everything even installing V3 on a barebones pc with nothing on but windows 11 and the necessary stuff applied all updates and the jerking is there as well
    Last edited by qwhite451; 08-22-2022 at 08:30 PM.

I need someone to post a YouTube video showing the cab-jerk, with Shift-Z enabled so as to see Frame Rate and also showing the Seasick setting. I cannot seem reproduce it and therefor don't know what to fix, that or we're talking about two different things. Please email me the link at one of our Run8 customer-support email addresseseses.

Setting Seasick all the way to the left effectively reverts it to V2's method of locking the camera to the position, whereas all the way to the right allows the camera to bob around a bit as the loco moves beneath it. Settings in between simply scale between these two. There should be no jerk at all in the left-most setting.

Someone else also posted a video showing some extreme car rock-n-roll; I need to know what the FPS is when this user sees this happening (I'm gonna guess it's pretty low). If you happen to have a crappy computer that can't keep a decent framerate, this can happen as the physics integration gets out of spec.

John G.

Appreciate the response and I’ll get on the case with that later John. I did post a link to the previous clip I had done earlier in the thread. Probably of no relevance but I seem to be getting the effect all the time on Donner. With SoCal and Florida it was sporadic, i.e. sometimes it would manifest, other times not.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad3816 View Post
    Vern, ensure Windows is using the best graphics/computer resources when running Run8. Many times, it defaults to the onboard graphics & not Nvidia to save power. Here are the settings:

Attachment 83597
    The main PC only has a proper GPU - Nvidia GTX 1650 4Gb VRam.
    Vern.

Can't edit my posts above but just to point out, my PC is running TSW2 and TSC with no significant performance hiccups (other than the stuttering in the former which afflicts everyone, even those running on a NASA super computer).
    Vern.

Sorry to bump - John did you get my email with the YT link?

Was that able to help or is more investigation required?
    Vern.