Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Replying Problem

This is something new from Google Security, they must still be tinkering with it.

Paul :-)

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    OK, so it's not just me, just haven't replied to anything in a couple of days. I have this CAPTCHA pop-up in the lower right corner that stays in place as I scroll now, Nels said that's now normal.

Yes, I found the same Captcha protection when I start a session and I have also a little Captcha pop-up in the lower right corner of the screen that stays in place, perhaps last 4 or 5 days ago.
    Regards.
    Mateus, from Portugal

This is something new from Google Security, they must still be tinkering with it.

Just realised why i do not get the captcha pop up. I use pop up blocker, in Firefox.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Is that the same as ad blocker or is that something else Mike?

Paul

In addition to Ad Blocker, Paul.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    In addition to Ad Blocker, Paul.

Mike.
    Yeah....I am using Ad Blocker and the reCAPTCHA pop-up is not affected.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Only a pop up blocker will stop the recaptcha thingie showing, Bruce.

In Firefox, i use Adblocker Ultimate, AdGuard AdBlocker, Ghostery, Popup Blocker (strict), AdBlock Plus, Channel Blocker and AdBlocker for Facebook. Also use DuckDuckGo search engine, because it doesn't track you like Google.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I'm using Opera, so there is no pop-up blocker available. I stopped using Firefox years ago when they started blaiming their users for slow speeds opening websites and eventually disabled everyone's extensions. I guess they now allow extensions?

Only a pop up blocker will stop the recaptcha thingie showing, Bruce.
    Yeah, Mike.....I know that ...which was why I was reinforcing your statement that Ad Blocker doesn't stop the reCaptcha pop-up.

In Firefox, i use Adblocker Ultimate, AdGuard AdBlocker, Ghostery, Popup Blocker (strict), AdBlock Plus, Channel Blocker and AdBlocker for Facebook. Also use DuckDuckGo search engine, because it doesn't track you like Google.
    Do you also take the battery out of your phone when not using it, so "they" can't trace your whereabouts?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

...... I stopped using Firefox years ago when they started blaiming their users for slow speeds opening websites and eventually disabled everyone's extensions. I guess they now allow extensions?
    I don't recall that situation ever cropping up and I've been a Firefox user since it came out in 2002.