Thread: Odd Open Rails Log Warning

Default Odd Open Rails Log Warning

I'm building the Ontario Northland TEE_Train. I built the first car, copied it and converted it to the second car. I also copied the first car to make the third car from. While chasing a bug today I found that the first two cars I built both get the same warning in the OR log. They appear to be warning that a shape is missing from the ONR_903.s file. This is a car from an entirely different folder and was not used or appears in the folder for the TEE-Train. Oddly enough, the third car that was created from the first car does not display the same warning.

The cars all appear in MSTS Activity Editor, and all run fine in Open Rails.

Warning: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\ONR_TEE-Train\ONR_TEE_Car-A.wag references non-existent shape C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\ONR_TEE-Train\ONR_903.s

Warning: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\ONR_TEE-Train\ONR_TEE_Car-B.wag references non-existent shape C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\trains\trainset\ONR_TEE-Train\ONR_903.s

I have uncompressed the shape file for one of the cars looking for anything referring to ONR_903 and there is nothing. Any ideas?

Paul :-)

Hi Paul,
    For starters, you shouldn't really be using C:\Program Files (x86) for anything ORTS/MSTS - you'll have all sorts of 'funnies !
    Secondly, the warning messages indicate that the ONR_TEE_Car-A.wag and ONR_TEE_Car-B.wag files have either WagonShape ( ONR_903.s ), or a passenger view which uses that shape. If it's the latter, then that would probably explain why MSTS AE doesn't complain.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged,

Along with many others, my MSTS has been in Program Files (x86) for around 22 years now. Over the years I've made hundreds of pieces of rolling stock, and about a dozen routes. Over the years I've had people suggest that if anyone put their MSTS in Program Files (x86) or even used any of the files I made it may cause a fire. I upped my house and contents insurance just in case but well, still waiting.

The passenger view, copied and pasted that from 903, and missed changing it. Strangely enough, when I tried that passenger view while testing, it did go to the TEE-Train cars. I'll correct that now, Thanks.

Paul :-)