Thread: D&H Bridge Line Route Loco diesel smoke issues

Default D&H Bridge Line Route Loco diesel smoke issues

Hi guys,

I've recently d'loaded the Bridge Line and noticed a problem with the smoke effect on some of the diesel locos. When I open the throttle and a speed of around 40mph is reached, the diesel smoke plume suddenly jumps up from the exhaust stack to then appear several feet higher up in the air with a gap between it and the exhaust stack. When I throttle back the smoke reappears in it's normal place. The only change I made to the eng file was to amend the MaxPower figure from kN to kW. Any ideas please?: I've attached the eng file from one of the affected locos.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,

Nick

boffin0 on TikTok

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Just to clarify the above post - I'm using Open Rails but have posted in this forum as the route and loco were originally made for MSTS.
    Regards,

Nick

boffin0 on TikTok

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Try this.
    D&H_C424_463.zip

Randy

Are you using the default MSTS engine file or are you using some sort of OR diesel engine?

The OR diesel engine definition, in my opinion, is superior to the MSTS default diesel engine in more ways than just exhaust.
    If you would like to try an OR Diesel engine conversion kit please pm me.

See screenshot for the differences in exhaust at full throttle.
    bandicam 2022-07-02 20-34-07-475.jpg >>> 463 and 452 are running the conversion kit, 461 is MSTS default.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    Try this.
    D&H_C424_463.zip

Randy
    That seems to have done the trick. I've noted the changes you made to the original eng file and will apply them to a couple of other locos that came with that route and are also exhibiting the same problem. Many thanks Randy.
    Regards,

Nick

boffin0 on TikTok

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Are you using the default MSTS engine file or are you using some sort of OR diesel engine?

The OR diesel engine definition, in my opinion, is superior to the MSTS default diesel engine in more ways than just exhaust.
    If you would like to try an OR Diesel engine conversion kit please pm me.

See screenshot for the differences in exhaust at full throttle.
    bandicam 2022-07-02 20-34-07-475.jpg >>> 463 and 452 are running the conversion kit, 461 is MSTS default.

Many thanks Gerry.. I have pm'd you. btw the eng file I posted was the original file that came with the route.
    Last edited by niknak; 07-03-2022 at 04:22 AM.
    Regards,

Nick

boffin0 on TikTok