Thread: Sunrise and sunset time adjustment

Default Sunrise and sunset time adjustment

Good morning everyone,
    I am finishing an activity that lasts 16h 30m (starts at 5:00 (5:00 a.m.) and ends at 21:30 (9:30 p.m.).
    On the one hand, the effect of dawn and the sky that gradually clears up is suggestive, while the last 2 hours and more in the dark are not very enjoyable.
    To overcome this at least in summer and to change the parameters of the duration of daylight I tried to edit the ENV files of the
    route in the hourly indications relating to the sun and the moon but nothing has changed. Probably because the main parameter managed by ORTS for this
    effect are the coordinates in latitude and longitude of the route. In fact I would need coordinates like those of Denmark
    while the Route in question has those of Atlanta.

Requests:
    - Where are the coordinates of each Route?
    - Can they be edited in any way?
    - If not, is there a way to vary them as desired?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has already solved this problem or in any case knows how to do it and kindly wants to enlighten me.

Luigi

Hit the 0 (zero) key while in game. It pops up in the top/center of your screen.

Randy

I meant in which file, dat, trk, tdb, w etc is recorded to be able to possibly change them, not the compass where they appear.

Thanks

Luigi

I think I remember reading that the adjustments were in the editor.env file found in the routes ENVFILES folder.

Don't hesitate to go poking around looking for stuff...most of this hobby involves learning how to tinker with stuff.

( before adjusting anything...backup backup backup. )
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

My solution would be if you think running in darkness is boring, then don't run 17 hour activities.

We need to stop trying to change the rotational axis of the earth just to cure the boredom associated with it.

Occam's razor time.