Thread: I have the FPM Surfliner route.

Default I have the FPM Surfliner route.

I'm posting this solely for the reason to flex that I have the Facing Point Media Surfliner route.
    And for the people who still know this route even existed, even if you did get it, it is not worth it.

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Hi

The freeware versions in the file library are brilliant.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
    It used to be my favourite place in the world.

I was one of the lucky ones who actually received the CD.
    The route is actually pretty good as is the rolling stock. Don't know if it was worth the $40 or $45 that I paid for it but the track work, structures and scenery are well done though many sidings are not labeled and some of the road crossings just end a few feet on either side of the tracks. These could be edited easily I would think.
    It's too bad a lot of people were left out in the cold with an unfinished product (or no product at all) that in other circumstances, might have been considered an excellent route and a definite keeper.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by daniellouwrens View Post
    Hi

The freeware versions in the file library are brilliant.

Cheers

Daniel
    I agree, the freeware version in the library is excellent. I used to live in San Diego. When first running the Surfliner route I was amazed of the quality and accuracy of the scenery. I "recognized" many individual structures, landmarks, and geography along the route.

An extremely well-done piece of work. One of the best routes you can get, freeware or payware.
    "My dog got loose once, what I did was show him his leash & he came running back, thinking it was time for a walk - stupid dog."

I too was lucky and managed to download the (Facing Point) route after paying online back in 2005 or thereabouts. I remember my puny pc struggling with the fps back then and also that some of the scenery was a little "sketchy"...
    Regards,

Nick

boffin0 on TikTok

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuckoo View Post
    I agree, the freeware version in the library is excellent. I used to live in San Diego. When first running the Surfliner route I was amazed of the quality and accuracy of the scenery. I "recognized" many individual structures, landmarks, and geography along the route.

An extremely well-done piece of work. One of the best routes you can get, freeware or payware.
    I was reading that there is a project moving forward to relocate the track inland near Del Mar...it's right on the beach there. One of my favorite routes also, very well done.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I have both versions.....FPM and the freeware Surfliner 2.0 as well. FPM was terrible to deal with.....I was demanding a refund when, out of the blue, the CD finally arrived. I was sold on the claim that the accuracy of the route is faithful to the real thing. The weakness on this one is scenery, which is seriously lacking.
    The 2.0 version is vastly superior in appearance and scenery....while (seeemingly) not as accurate as FPM in railroad details, especially speed limits.
    My "compromise" is to run FPM LA to San Diego, and v2.0 LA to SLO. I'm especially fond of this former SP segment.
    For me, both are worthy, each in their own way.

AA