Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No extended shape data for eheidi.s

... and the vast majority of routes over there are sold for money.
    Excuse me but the vast majority of routes ( and rolling stock! ) available for Open Rails are free!
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Quote Originally Posted by steamonly View Post
    R. Steele, sorry if I upset you. I only tried OpenRails because you said "development has made serious efforts to accommodate legacy MSTS activities and equipment"... but if "serious efforts" means that I have to move my eyes every time I move a control with a shitty cursor you put there, we have a serious problem.. and that is only the tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately I recognize that despair in promoting your product is one of the risks of open source development ~ just like LibreOffice is trying to undercut Apache OpenOffice with half-truths and falsehoods, while offering an inferior product ~ and also recognize that it is better that you offload your "contributions to humanity" into OpenRails instead of something that may hurt real-life communities or nature in the long run
    To: Michael R. Steam~ed: aka "steamonly"
    Subject: Choose one -- icebergs, libre vs apache, humanity, ad hominem arguments, improper use of personal pronouns, shallow thinking...and the list goes on.

[to rephrase what a wise colleague of mine recently posted...these will be my last words on the subject]

My Dear Child: Apology accepted, but unwarranted. Not upset at all, but nice of you to think of me.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 07-18-2022 at 06:58 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Okay enough of the bickering... Move on... Thread closed.....
    Dave Edwards