Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: My Complaints about Open Rails

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Hey Guys !

    Maybe we should feel sorry for the poor loser ! He's the one missing one of the best Sims out there and we can still enjoy the ORTS as it grows and develops .
    Personally I've always found that the " Tinkering " is a big part of the pleasure . I never wanted a " Run out of the Box " Sim or " Game " and that's why the old MSTS came along for so many years .
    Most of us that have been at this for a couple of decades have seen so many modifications and improvements to MSTS and ORTS that we look forward to future adjustments and improvements .

    Remember the old saying - - " Never look a Gift Horse in the mouth " - - just enjoy what you get - - patience is a wonderful thing !

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tarrant75 View Post
    Personally I'd say this one is a troll looking for attention. Ten posts overall on the boards and seems to have really only come to complain about how he can't Open Rails to work better than his version of a 20+ year old game.
    This.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brockville, ON, CA
    Posts
    3,004

    Default

    I've been here for a while, I might have been here for a while longer if it wasn't for the first time I asked for help.

    After I discovered Trainsim.com I started downloading rolling stock and added them to my library. After I got tired of using the same routes I downloaded my first route from the library. I read the Readme and followed the directions to install the route, but after the fourth attempt I gave up. I opened an account here and asked for help. My one and only reply was from a well known moderator who told me to read the instructions and quit bothering people. I did do the quit part.

    Two years or so later I got interesting in the sim again, came back, downloaded and successfully installed Rich Shirey's L&HR route. Next I started making and posting activities for it and Rich and I became good friends. One evening our of curiosity I searched for anything about the first route I downloaded and was rudely told by a moderator to piss off. Turned out there were a couple of dozen other people who had the same results as I did and it turned out that the route was taken down because it was so full of flaws nobody could have gotten it to work.

    So, maybe this guy is just frustrated, or maybe a troll, never really sure from this end.

    Paul

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    Come on guys,

    You own a 300 FPS computer and are all living in Open Rails heaven, while he is living in 20 year old MSTS hell running only Kuju default routes on an 11 FPS computer, with a pocket full of $20 words and a Harvard dictionary. There is no reason to take your advantages in life and rub someone else's face in it. This movement or philosophy or religion or whatever should have taught you better. And besides, every time one of you thousands of people spits on MSTS, it gets recorded in a log book.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    And besides, every time one of you thousands of people spits on MSTS, it gets recorded in a log book.
    I'm pretty sure I'll have my own chapter in that book.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Eric,just my opinion,but I think it is time to send this thread "to the cornfield". Brian

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motormaster532 View Post
    Eric,just my opinion,but I think it is time to send this thread "to the cornfield". Brian
    Nah this is pretty entertaining.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Come on guys,

    You own a 300 FPS computer and are all living in Open Rails heaven, while he is living in 20 year old MSTS hell running only Kuju default routes on an 11 FPS computer, with a pocket full of $20 words and a Harvard dictionary. There is no reason to take your advantages in life and rub someone else's face in it. This movement or philosophy or religion or whatever should have taught you better. And besides, every time one of you thousands of people spits on MSTS, it gets recorded in a log book.

    According to steamonly, everything he's having frustration with is OR's fault, and anyone who disagrees is "spitting on MSTS", etc. No elbow room for considering that maybe he's doing something wrong or maybe his hardware simply isn't up to what he's asking of it. The only questions he asks are rhetorical and accusatory.

    This is the kind of narcissistic victimhood that one sees far too often nowadays, made worse by enabling from virtue signallers.
    Everything that's wrong on their end, someone or something else is always to blame for it. And you're a bad person with unfair advantages if you don't agree.

    The only deserved response to this stupidity is ridicule.
    "My dog got loose once, what I did was show him his leash & he came running back, thinking it was time for a walk - stupid dog."

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by motormaster532 View Post
    Eric,just my opinion,but I think it is time to send this thread "to the cornfield". Brian
    I considered it... before voicing my opinion. Now that I'm in the conversation, it would be a conflict of interest for me to close it down.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    I considered it... before voicing my opinion. Now that I'm in the conversation, it would be a conflict of interest for me to close it down.
    Eric,you ALWAYS had a lot of ethics! Brian

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •