Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: v1.4 Track Monitor Mileposts

Default v1.4 Track Monitor Mileposts

Anyone else seeing (or not seeing) mileposts in the Track Monitor come and go? I's working on a new route, in v1.3 I have no problem with the mileposts in the track monitor showing up but in v1.4 they appear, then at some point some disappear, then they all disappear, then they start reappearing as I pass them, then they all appear.

I've test run up and down the track numerous time and had the same problem each time but never the same mileposts, very sporadic.

Paul :-)

I've seen that, too. Don't recall if I was running explore mode or Explore in activity mode but in manual for handling switches at the time. I do know it was where you see mileposts both in front and behind on the track montitor, where they were only showing on one side.

I'm doing this in Activity mode and I'm running it in Manual as the player path would have stopped an AI trin from running at the beginning.

So you're seeing the same as I am, worked fine in v1.3 so it's a bug in v1.4.

I've been seeing this for some time now, mostly in MG versions (I don't run vanilla much at all, so can't confirm it there). There doesn't seem to be a pattern that I've been able to discern

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    I've been seeing this for some time now, mostly in MG versions (I don't run vanilla much at all, so can't confirm it there). There doesn't seem to be a pattern that I've been able to discern
    Same here
    Regards,

Nick

boffin0 on TikTok

Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

fwiw --- not experiencing this behavior in MG ver 124.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Gerry,

Just tried Monogame 127 and I did get the same sort of disappearing mileposts in the track monitor. MP 0 and 1 showed properly when I entered the Sub, but the rest did not show until I was past MP 1 and then things were normal.

Frame rates in MG, are they maxed out at 75 fps? That's what I was getting no mater which view or where the camera was pointing.

I have vertical sync checked, unchecking it I get upwards of 100 - 200 fps depending upon route. Also have all shadows, dynamic and otherwise rendering. Have seen occasionally flickering of mileposts on some routes, but they do not disappear.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

OK, thanks Gerry. 210 without dynamic shadows and vertical sync, and 92 with dynamic shadows.

Paul, I like using dynamic shadows, however, depending upon other options chosen and the machine specs, it can put a real noticeable drag on performance and fps.
    Cheers, Gerry