Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CN Blackfoot Summer Edition V1

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Default CN Blackfoot Summer Edition V1

Hi

Can anyone point to an activity for "CN Blackfoot Summer Edition V1"

Just doing a run through, it looks very impressive.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
    It used to be my favourite place in the world.

There is a template for the "summer edition" over at Skyline Computing
    http://www.skylinecomputing.com/templates2.htm

I've got several activities from the other versions, however, for them to work you have to fix the paths. If you find an activity that appeals to you that was made for the other versions PM me, I might have the paths to go with it...if you are disinclined to try using the TrackViewer, no worries either way.

...and I agree, this is a very well-crafted piece of route building.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Hi Gerry

If this is a duplicate post I apologise, I sent it once but cannot see it on the site.

So here goes again, I have a lot of work coming up but will PM you when I have
    a moment.

"however, for them to work you have to fix the paths"

Do I do that with OR Track Viewer?

Best regards

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
    It used to be my favourite place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellouwrens View Post

Best regards

Daniel
    Yes, or --- if it's an activity that I have -- and fixed the paths -- you're welcome to the paths. Not all the paths needed fixing, if I remember correctly it was mainly the paths around one of the yard areas...maybe someone will see this thread and know about the path differences between the summer version and the earlier versions.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellouwrens View Post
    Hi Gerry

If this is a duplicate post I apologise, I sent it once but cannot see it on the site.

So here goes again, I have a lot of work coming up but will PM you when I have
    a moment.

Best regards

Daniel
    Hello, I just tried running this route, I have had it for a while, and while checking to see, in T-S, there are two versions? Do you know the difference between them? I tried to run the Extra 4732 East, but it would not load. I put it through Act-Man 3.8 and it came up clean after I loaded the previous Blackfoot activities. I also ran it through the OR Track Viewer to correct the Paths, but it could not correct all. That was one it could not, only 3 were OK.
    Are Your Paths based on these Acts or did you write all new ones? This is/was a very fine route, too bad there were not more activities written for it.
    Thanks, Don Leblanc

This route went from being MSTS/OR route CN Blackfoot V3 to Open Rails CN Blackfoot Summer V1

The original route was released around July 4, then problems were reported regarding some zero degree nodes added at the last minute as a suggestion from MSTS beta testers. Sometime after that, after it was reported paths were not working for OR users, that upload was taken down and replaced with what is in the F/L today.

The V3 original route had a bunch of track changes and realignments different from V2. V3 was also shorter than V2. So it's a given that some acts for V2 that ran from end-to-end are not going to work as-is because the ends are not the same, let alone any track changes in the middle, and will need replacement shorter paths created. V2 is also the one Jovet had taken a copy of and modified by adding his signal systems to, so there even was multiple V2s at some point. Unknown which V2 that CN 4732 act is for.

So, the later version in the Library should be the newest without the "Node" issues? My OR log had a ton of them when I tried to run it.

As geepster posted, the summer edition Ver3 is shorter than the other versions in the library. So it didn't make sense to me to rework the longer paths for activities to make them shorter...the activities did not make sense. I mainly concentrated on activities using local paths, or shorter paths.

The template for the summer version is still available, I use it all the time to make activities for the summer version.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    So, the later version in the Library should be the newest without the "Node" issues? My OR log had a ton of them when I tried to run it.
    Just loaded the summer edition of the route in OR and I get five of these warnings in the log:
    Warning: Track node 303 pin 0 has invalid link to track node 0 in C:\ORTS\ORProfiles\CANADA\ROUTES\CAN99v2\CAN99v2.r db:line 2342
    They present no problems, route runs fine.
    Cheers, Gerry

Thanks for that. I will have a go at the route again today. I do not have the Template or the source program from Skyline, $15 USD is a bit of money for me though. I will have to think about it again. I had bought it years ago, I wonder if it would still be good?

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    ...I do not have the Template or the source program from Skyline... I had bought it years ago, I wonder if it would still be good?
    I would presume so -- if you still have the executable -- ActivityGenerator (SwitchlistGenerator.exe) I think there was an update to the the switchlistgenerator-- ver4.2.12. If you can find the program it should still work fine.
    Cheers, Gerry