Thread: A question about Tiger Trains Tanker cars.

Default A question about Tiger Trains Tanker cars.

I have a question about some tankers that I bought from tiger trains they have no placard to show what they carry so I was wondering if anyone knows by chance what Cargill Foods , Soy Power biodiesel and Darling International haul in there tanker cars it would really be appreciated and also if they are used in unit trains or are usually in mixed freight trains.

By federal law, cars hauling flammable liquid (such as liquid ethanol or crude oil) have to have placards displayed above the wheelsets and at both ends of the car indicating that the loads are combustible and dangerous.

Cargill Foods tankers (CRGX) haul inedible vegetable oil, while SoyPower tankers (GATX) haul biodiesel fuel, and Darling Intl. (UTLX) tankers haul inedible tallow. Depending on how volatile the loads are, placards are labeled. Some are red, some are white, some are different colors indicating what's loaded.

Thanks for the response one last thing do any of them move in unit trains or are they normally in mixed freights.

The ethanol and biodiesel fuel tankers are moved in unit consists, along with crude oil cars (especially those ones). Cargill Foods can be used in mixed freight.

Quote Originally Posted by ZachBell4400 View Post
    The ethanol and biodiesel fuel tankers are moved in unit consists, along with crude oil cars (especially those ones). Cargill Foods can be used in mixed freight.
    Ethanol and Biodiesel can also be hauled in regular freight service. The previous railroad I worked for, had a couple of both bounce back and forth from time to time.

"Denatured Alcohols" would be in UN1987 tank cars, the ones we hauled obviously.
    We also hauled NA3082 tank cars, which was used oil.
    Biodiesel tanks, I don't believe had any placards when we hauled them, because the percentage of diesel fuel was so little, compared to the vegetable oil.
    -Shawn Kelley-
    Retired ORTS/MSTS Content Creator
    Conductor - Eastern Maine Railway
    Probably on everyone's ignore list by now.

Shawn I have a quick question do empty crude oil tankers ever go in mixed freight are are those always no matter empty or full stay in unit trains I am sorry for all the questions I am just trying to keep my trains as realistic as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by chilla View Post
    Shawn I have a quick question do empty crude oil tankers ever go in mixed freight are are those always no matter empty or full stay in unit trains I am sorry for all the questions I am just trying to keep my trains as realistic as possible.
    In my experience, some crude oil tanks may find their way into mixed freights. They are normally in smaller groups in that case. Unit trains will stick together loaded and empty

Thank you all of you for your responses you have been a big help.

Speaking of Tiger Trains.. they have another sale starting tomorrow through the 8th

Passenger Cars 25% off
    Train Sets 30% off
    Loco Sets 25% off
    Freight Cars 40% off