Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Sheet in Trees on Can99V2

Yes, I did try Paul's way first thing, but the Blue Sheet does not show in TSRE5, and the tree types seem to have their correct ACE files. I am going to check for this annomolie in a couple other routes with those tree files, if there are any. After a rudimentary search yesterday, I could not find them in other routes. I will try running a couple of them anyway, to see if it may be an OR issue, I doubt it, but hey.
    Thanks for all the suggestions. The pictures I posted are of the same area and you can see they do not show in TSRE5.

Do you have a milepost or shape file name?
    I looked around the route and don't see anything out of the ordinary.

Randy

Don checking tree shapes in both ORTS and TSRE...they render correctly in the vegreville area...see screenshot. I'm at a loss, something is amiss in your installations, or ( respectfully ) "pilot error"...apologies, I cannot be more helpful. Look's like good old fashioned detective work.

screenshot in OR bandicam 2022-08-05 11-11-40-822.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Don checking tree shapes in both ORTS and TSRE...they render correctly in the vegreville area...see screenshot. I'm at a loss, something is amiss in your installations, or ( respectfully ) "pilot error"...apologies, I cannot be more helpful. Look's like good old fashioned detective work.

screenshot in OR bandicam 2022-08-05 11-11-40-822.jpg
    I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. After some experimenting, I found that I had the "Load DDS textures in preference to ACE" box checked, figuring it was a normal thing to do as there are some objects with DDS files. However, UNchecking the box cured the issue. Simple, huh?
    After all that and it was just that box checked that was causing the Blue Sheet to appear out of nowhere. Strange things these computers! :-)

Well, are there any .dds files named the same as the .ace files used by those trees?

Had a similar problem with various textures not displaying on the OR intro Scenic route. Turns out when they went through and converted all the textures from ACE to DDS, not all the shape files were opened and edited, with some shapes still looking for ace files. They displayed grayed out unless that check box was checked. Some shapes were calliing for texture files that didnt exist and relied upon the open rails code to substitute to cover that route prep mistake. I eventually use the log to find all the ace-calling stagglers and opened them and change the texture calls from ace to dds.

If you still have the zip you could reinstall the route. Once a file is changed from ace to dds you can't change them back.

Paul :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    I want to thank everyone for their suggestions. After some experimenting, I found that I had the "Load DDS textures in preference to ACE" box checked, figuring it was a normal thing to do as there are some objects with DDS files. However, UNchecking the box cured the issue. Simple, huh?
    After all that and it was just that box checked that was causing the Blue Sheet to appear out of nowhere. Strange things these computers! :-)
    I'm glad the problem was solved. However, something is still operating curiously in your installation. My default option is to have the "Load DDS in preference to ACE" box checked all the time. I do not have the error you saw...so something is still operating differently in your system. To my best knowledge this route does not use DDS texture files, in any of it's versions, so checked or unchecked should present no problem in your setup...yet it does?
    With the box unchecked, if you happen to run some of the newer OR only content that uses DDS with no ACE files present you will have missing textures. Do you have any of that content?

You should do as geepster suggests and open the specific tree shape files ( with Archibald ) and see if the image section is looking for DDS or ACE files...that might explain something or further the mystery.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Yes I do have some newer instals that use DDS files. I will remember this though! :-)
    I will try a couple over the next few days and see what happens.
    Thanks again.

Also, just an afterthought, NON of the Vegetation/Trees in the Route Files have/are DDS files. So my mind is still curious as to how that Blue Area was produced around regular Tree(s) & Groups.

Just a thought, I have multiple disks working in my OR setup...my primary that I run the sim from, a connected backup with duplicate files, and a another drive that I connect once a month and perform a backup. ( and further backups yet...but that's another subject )

Sometimes if I'm not watching my workflow carefully I will "mis-remember" which drive I'm working on and confusion results...

My question...are you in a similar situation and could TSRE be loading the route from a different location than that of the simulator?
    Cheers, Gerry