Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TSW3 General Woffle & Guffaws Thread

Train Sim World - 1 Mile = 1 pound of flesh. Don't worry all the fanboys will pick this up and they'll do more than break even without the sensible ones saying no thanks.

Thanks

Sean
    Weekly YouTube & Daiily Train Simulation & Prototype Content
    Playing And Talking About What I Like
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Rather than start a new thread, just in case anyone hasn't seen it a new German route coming out next week- Bremen to Oldenburg. A grand total of 44km or slightly under 30 miles. It does come with a new German loco - the veteran Class 110 and some new coaching stock but... it appears the new pricing policy is here to stay - they want £30 for it and not even a preorder discount. Oh and someone actually prepared to sit through the marketing blurb, sorry stream, has already picked up it will be releasing with known bugs to the PZB (safety) system.

Well I think I can calmly and politely say, that one will be waiting for a sale...
    You are still parting with your pieces of eight, on TSW3 dlc then Vern.

You do know that perseverance, eventual gets perceived as madness, buddy

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Not that readily Mike.

The German route is tempting as the 110 by all accounts has a proper tap changer (like our early AC locos) but I'm still not convinced it will be bug free or worth £30. Will need some glowing testimonials and not from the fanbois to persuade me otherwise.
    Vern.

Hehehehehehe, only joking with you Vern. Not sure what a 110 is sorry, but there are some older German loco's that i actually like.

You know deep down it's not going to be bug free, buddy. For me personally £30 for a 30 mile long route, is extortion.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

You're right, Mike. If I used that word over there would probably get banned or get flamed by the fanbois eager to hand their money over. Buying two short DLC at that price works out more than paying full price for Zusi 3 or Trainz 22, which I'm unlikely to do either but at least you get a whole load of content for your money.
    Vern.

Banned for life you would be Vern. They must have more money than sense, a lot of these people. It's beyond my comprehension why they defend these shonky companies, with such gusto. About the only one i would speak up for is Lapioware with DRS. I paid £14 for the early release version and have had my money's worth, many times over. So much so i will buy it again at the asking price when it gets the full release. I have never said before i don't believe. But he told me that the pop up signallers messages, when held at an adverse signal was your idea. It's a feature that i really enjoy and takes away the feeling of. Is the signal faulty or has the game gone wrong, which you get with the other three main rivals. Good stuff Vern, you should have worked in the Signalling Section

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Good stuff Vern, you should have worked in the Signalling Section
    Well the Control was close, telling the signallers what we wanted them to do with the train service, or getting their ideas in return.
    Vern.

I knew that Vern, that is why i jokingly said it buddy. 3 smilies young man, the joker is wild

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Hehehehehehe, only joking with you Vern. Not sure what a 110 is sorry, but there are some older German loco's that i actually like.
    They were built in 1952, Mike, originally known as the E10 electric loco for passenger work, they then got renumbered to DB BR110, I think they've all but gone now on their railway system.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    The German route is tempting as the 110 by all accounts has a proper tap changer (like our early AC locos) but I'm still not convinced it will be bug free or worth £30.
    The older German locos have a steering wheel regulator/throttle type handle you turn up to about 24 times, or, so, Vern, with the traction motor voltage display, similar to our AM electrics, and the tap changer is a dial. I remember driving the BR155 in TSW 1, which was quite enjoyable, better than the little stick throttles nowadays on newer electrics.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 12-03-2022 at 03:19 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.