Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gulf Mobile and Ohio Northern Lines V1.80 Route

Default Gulf Mobile and Ohio Northern Lines V1.80 Route

Hi Everybody, need some help again Please.

I have Downloaded the Gulf Mobile and Ohio Northern Lines V1.80 Route.

Here's the problem, I know the Route contains 13 expanded Files, 12 Files + the Expander zip
    ( lack of better words )

I have worked with expanded Files In the past without any Issues.

These Files when extracted produce a Folder called GMONEW In the MSTS Routes Folder.

Having run the Installme.bat and trying run in OpenRails It is not Displaying in OpenRails Route list.

Any Ideas please ?

Many thanks

Paul.

Hi Paul,
    Very simply, you haven't told Open Rails to look in the correct place!!

I believe you when you say that folder GMONEW is in a ROUTES folder (so's mine!), but where is that ROUTES folder?
    It should be within the Installation/Profile folder that you specified when adding it to OR.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged, said it wouldn't be long!!!

As Above ( produce a Folder called GMONEW In the MSTS Routes Folder. )

Also same problem with Fallbrook Division Route.

( produce a Folder called Fallbrook Division In the MSTS Routes Folder. )

Hope this helps.

thanks

Paul.

Hi Paul,
    Sorry, mate, but it doesn't help one iota!!

BUT - where is your MSTS routes folder?? It's obviously not where you've told Open Rails it is.

Have you been able to try GMONEW in MSTS? Does it work? If so, you must add its location to OR.

How many MSTS/ORTS installations do you have? If more than one, have you added them all into the Open Rails Installations/Profiles list?

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged, thanks for reply.

Since the Inception of OpenRails, I have always used

C:\1MSTS where all the original Microsoft Train Simulator Files now Live ( Including my Routes Folder ).

Apart from the Seven Default Routes I Currently have Thirteen Working Routes Installed, Four UK and Nine USA.

This Includes the Fallbrook Division and Gmonew18 Downloaded Today ( Curently not Displaying in OpenRails ).

You say, Quote (Have you been able to try GMONEW in MSTS)

I only thought you could run MSTS through OpenRails, using the old MSTS would take a Year and Month to load ?

Thanks

Paul.

Are there any path files in the PATHS folder. If not you'll need a path befroe you can load and run on the route.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply.

Yes, both Routes In question Have Items In the Paths Folder.

Thanks

Paul.

Hi Paul,
    If you've got MSTS properly installed, you can use it run any route NOT specifically designed for Open Rails.

You DO NOT run MSTS through Open Rails - you run MSTS routes and stock through Open Rails!!

I've installed the GMONEW route this afternoon and, in a relatively few minutes, was running it in MSTS Explore mode. I've also run it in Open Rails!

As I mentioned before, the reason your Open Rails can't 'see' it is because you haven't pointed it to the correct location.

Start Open Rails and left-click the 'Options' button then left-click the 'Content' tab at the top of the screen. You will now see a list of MSTS/ORTS installations you've told OR about. There are two columns - the second one is titled 'Path' which shows where OR looks for your installation/s. You should have one which shows : C:\1MSTS. If you have given the installation a name, it will be shown in the column to its left, otherwise it will show 1MSTS.

If your Open Rails Content list matches the above and you still can't see it in the Installation Profile list, then I suggest that your MSTS installation is not where you think it is!! Maybe it's in C:\1MSTS\Train Simulator?? If so, Train Simulator is the root folder and you need to tell OR that the path is C:\1MSTS\Train Simulator.

The above is only a suggestion, but it's the only reason I can think of why your installation isn't shown in Open Rails.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged, thanks again for reply.

You say, Quote :-

Start Open Rails and left-click the 'Options' button then left-click the 'Content' tab at the top of the screen. You will now see a list of MSTS/ORTS installations you've told OR about. There are two columns - the second one is titled 'Path' which shows where OR looks for your installation/s. You should have one which shows : C:\1MSTS. If you have given the installation a name, it will be shown in the column to its left, otherwise it will show 1MSTS.

Mine is exactly the same as above.

However, your second Quote :-

If your Open Rails Content list matches the above and you still can't see it in the Installation Profile list, then I suggest that your MSTS installation is not where you think it is!! Maybe it's in C:\1MSTS\Train Simulator?? If so, Train Simulator is the root folder and you need to tell OR that the path is C:\1MSTS\Train Simulator.

Never, ever had a problem before using 1MSTS on It's own

Renaming to :-

Now Your Entry suggestion C:\1MSTS\Train Simulator. Is not possible because when entering the new line it will not accept
    because the Two Dots after C and will not accept the Two Backslashes In the Text.

Not sure how to get around this One ?

As said Never, ever had a problem before using 1MSTS on It's own in all the Years Iv'e had MSTS.
    All my other Routes work OK Using 1MSTS.

Sorry this reply Is so long

Thanks

Paul.

Paul,
    You don't have a problem running MSTS because you installed it from its CDs. It doesn't matter what 'custom' location you selected because it created its own Registry entry. Therefore, it ALWAYS knows where to find the installation. Open Rails is different in that it can run many separate installations and the user needs to tell it EXACTLY where each one is.

Having said that, I seem to remember when I first added Open Rails, it automatically found the default MSTS installation from its Registry entry.

I'm only trying to find out why your Open Rails doesn't show your MSTS installation. It was only a suggestion.

When adding an installation, you have to navigate to the correct location - you DO NOT add it as a string of characters!!

We're not getting very far, are we?
    Using Windows Explorer, open your C:\1MSTS folder. Do not open any more folders. Please tell us EXACTLY what files and/or folders you see?

Cheers,
    Ged