Thread: Open rails change default install folder

Default Open rails change default install folder

I was trying to Install the Trainsimulations starter route, however the installer defaults to to the non trainsimulations folder. does anyone know how to change the install folder

Capture.jpg

On the OpenRails start window click on Options.
    options.JPG

Then use the Content tab to tell OpenRails where to look.
    content.JPG

Easy Peasy.
    Randy

Please show path to Open Rails program folder. The BNSF Scenic starter route will look for an OR install and then proceed from there. Where do you have the OR program ( exe files ) installled? Hopefully you've started with the most recent stable version 1.4.

Suggest you forget about MSTS protocols and install OR ( and all content ) in the following...change name to suit yourself.

C:\ORTS --- contains everything having to do with OR

C:\ORTS\OR_PROFILES --- contains all OR profiles. A OR profile is a parent folder ( named for example Canadian Railroads ) with four subfolders in it. GLOBAL SOUND ROUTES TRAINS ( with subfolders: Trainset and Consists )

TrainSimulations will install to its own folder ( you MUST do this ) which should then look like this C:\ORTS\TrainSimulations Content

Then using the method described by randy ( which, respectfully randy...did not answer his question ). .. you can point OR to any folder or folders that contain the four necessary folders GLOBAL SOUND ROUTES and TRAINS to build an OR Content system for the OR menu.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 08-13-2022 at 11:58 AM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Railfanphil View Post
    I was trying to Install the Trainsimulations starter route, however the installer defaults to to the non trainsimulations folder. does anyone know how to change the install folder

Capture.jpg
    Appears you have created an MSTS/ORTS profile in your USERS folder. Be aware that Windows 7,8,10&11 treat the USERS folder with the same "protection" as the Program Files folders. Files in those folders when edited and saved may not be saved to their original folders.
    Charles

What do you have in the 'TrainSimulations Content' folder in the GLOBAL SOUND ROUTES TRAINS folders are in your OR_Profiles folder?