Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about mlt soldier summit

I copied the crossing_lamps.s file from MLT's Kicking Horse pass...I believe the signals work there..at least I do remember reading about any problems,,,have not run the route in quite a while.... and the problem still exists...

Will keep poking around...unless a shape file guru knows about this problem and has the time to pass on some info, I'll do the work...if I can.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    I copied the crossing_lamps.s file from MLT's Kicking Horse pass...I believe the signals work there..at least I do remember reading about any problems,,,have not run the route in quite a while.... and the problem still exists...

Will keep poking around...unless a shape file guru knows about this problem and has the time to pass on some info, I'll do the work...if I can.
    I just ran Kicking Horse Pass last week and I ran into some crossings that didn't flash

Quote Originally Posted by spoony1999 View Post
    I just ran Kicking Horse Pass last week and I ran into some crossings that didn't flash
    Thanks, good to know, indicates same problem with that shape file may exist on Kicking Horse Pass...wonder if MLT ever issued a corrected file?
    I'm going to try other MLT routes and see if I can turn up a good version of the file...anyone care to help...please feel free.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hey Gerry.....I have noticed that MLT used the same shape file for most of their older routes and I have noticed the same problem with those as well....some work some don't....So I don't know where the hick-up is. I have pretty much dissected the shape file to see if I can find the problem but to no solution. And like you said if anybody cares to hop in and help please do
    Roburt

Quote Originally Posted by trainlover2923 View Post
    Hey Gerry.....I have noticed that MLT used the same shape file for most of their older routes and I have noticed the same problem with those as well....some work some don't....So I don't know where the hick-up is. I have pretty much dissected the shape file to see if I can find the problem but to no solution. And like you said if anybody cares to hop in and help please do
    Well. Well. More helpful information....I'm not a route builder...know nothing about it...but I've read about interactives...I wonder if these lights at the crossing qualify as an interactive ( they only activate when the crossing gates activate ) and somehow that interaction is messed up ( a technical term ... ).

In my experience animated objects have an animation speed in the shape file and I could not find that entry in this shape file.?? Everything about this is puzzling to me and wayyyy outside of my experience...although I'm finding it challenging trying to solve the problem.
    Cheers, Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Well. Well. More helpful information....I'm not a route builder...know nothing about it...but I've read about interactives...I wonder if these lights at the crossing qualify as an interactive ( they only activate when the crossing gates activate ) and somehow that interaction is messed up ( a technical term ... ).

In my experience animated objects have an animation speed in the shape file and I could not find that entry in this shape file.?? Everything about this is puzzling to me and wayyyy outside of my experience...although I'm finding it challenging trying to solve the problem.
    Yeah I hear ya....I am no route builder myself far from it. But this has got me stumped. I have even tried to google the problem to see if a solution would pop up and that gets me no where but frustration. But I will keep digging and see if I can figure this out. I do appreciate the help.
    Roburt

7. Default

The shape file is animated if you check in Shapeviewer with animation set adjusted they do alternate to "flash". I replaced the shape file with one from Bala 2.0 which I know works fine, however it is just "off" when train is running past them. My guess is that when Andy or whomever made the route, did not set the interaction up with the crossing blocks. Also, checking the .s file, the animation nodes are set at 39 seems a lot, changed them down to 5 renumbered some of the coded lines to work with that, and it only affected the shape animation in shapeviewer, not in the game.
    Toronto Mainline Trains
    www.torontomainlinetrains.ca
    www.mapleleaftracks.com A Division Of Toronto Mainline Trains
    www.tigertrains.com A Division Of Toronto Mainline Trains

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoMainlineTrains View Post
    The shape file is animated if you check in Shapeviewer with animation set adjusted they do alternate to "flash". I replaced the shape file with one from Bala 2.0 which I know works fine, however it is just "off" when train is running past them. My guess is that when Andy or whomever made the route, did not set the interaction up with the crossing blocks. Also, checking the .s file, the animation nodes are set at 39 seems a lot, changed them down to 5 renumbered some of the coded lines to work with that, and it only affected the shape animation in shapeviewer, not in the game.
    Thanks much for checking on this and posting...very kind of you. HatTip.jpg

My "shot in the dark" that the trouble was with interactives appears to have come close to the target...so it looks as if the problem will have to be fixed using TSRE. I know from reading the forum route building sections that digging into the interactives is something best left to those who know how.

I doubt I'll try to fix it...certainly way past my skill and knowledge level.

One other consideration....even if someone fixed the problem...they would probably not be able to share it...unless it was available through the MLT website as an official patch.
    Cheers, Gerry

If I had to guess (I don't have the route), it sounds like the crossing objects are interactive, but the animation speed (in the RE) is either positive or zero. If it is, the animation will play once, and then stop. In order to keep flashing as an interactive, the animation speed must be negative (I use something between -0.02 and -0.0333). The MSTS RE requires some trickery to take a negative speed, but TSRE takes it just fine.

If the crossings are not interactive objects, the animation checkbox is probably not checked. Again, I don't have the route, so I don't know how they're set up