Page 58 of 75 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Route, Any Road, Any Era - 2022

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Anytime one of the Milwaukee's Pacific Extension routes came out. I would install it then installed another of the same inside my route folder & make it a post June 1974 version. That meaning to some that don't know (I know most of you do.) that is when the electrification ceased & the wires came down. So, by me taking the "Wire's Down" & leaving the trolley poles up gives me the feeling of the line from June 1974 to the end of service in 1980.

Recently I got my hands on a few Milwaukee Road Employee Timetables & Rule Books from in old railroad friend for 1975 to the last one for the Pacific Extension for 1980. So now between working on the Blue Comet Update, I been converting the speed limits on the route for the 1978 era to make the "Wire's Down" era more prototypical. Quite a few areas where the speed goes down to 10MPH.

Enjoy..........
    I myself have made some "modern freelance" versions of all the Milwaukee Routes. What they would might have looked like in modern times. Tore out all the old short and redundant sidings. Replaced all the signals with newer ones. Signaled the Gap. Combined to the two Coast Division routes into one. Been months and months in this process. It's been a labor of love and a pain in the ass lol.

Some CPAC action on the Rattlesnake Desert

A familiar scheme appears a few cars back, albeit with some modern twists.

Shot from a crew deadheading in the 4th engine:

A final shot after the crew brings the train to a stop for a crew change.
    Founder/owner of the California Pacific Railway, CalNeva Rail Shops

Big thanks to all of the content creators out there, both payware and freeware, for keeping this hobby alive!

I really like those screens from the Rattlesnake!
    Kevin Kelleher

IF only on the PFE super cars...... great idea!! Good stuff everyone!
    CG

Santa Fe All the Way

CSXT makes its way east towards Mattawamkeag, to interchange with the Eastern Maine Railway, with a GP38-2, SD40-2 combo. (Ontario Northland Route as a stand in)

-Shawn K-

Dusting off some oldies there Shawn! I used to run #2534 (GP38-2) a lot years back. Loved the dusty, dirty weathering on those older skins.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Dusting off some oldies there Shawn! I used to run #2534 (GP38-2) a lot years back. Loved the dusty, dirty weathering on those older skins.
    Unfortunately, there isn't much to offer for four axle CSXT power. At least, not modern paint.
    -Shawn K-

More CSXT, this time following the MAWA-07 train after lifting the interchange from EMRY at Mattawamkeag.

-Shawn K-