Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Route, Any Road, Any Era - 2022

EMRY Train 208 approaching Kirby.

-Shawn K-

Defect_Detector( Sorry, It Somehow Un-Did Reply @ Last Min. ): BNSF H2 SD70ACE!? I can see it actually being a great Heritage Repaint in Real Life!

Shawn,
    The dirt road catches my eye. Is it hand painted - specifically the gravel edges? I know I have seen this (one of my routes somewhere) but always wanted to go back and redo many dirt roads to have this look. Just couldn't figure out how to start.
    I know how to paint with TSRE5, just need to know what I am using for the textures.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Shawn,
    The dirt road catches my eye. Is it hand painted - specifically the gravel edges? I know I have seen this (one of my routes somewhere) but always wanted to go back and redo many dirt roads to have this look. Just couldn't figure out how to start.
    I know how to paint with TSRE5, just need to know what I am using for the textures.
    At a quick glance it appears that's a dirt road piece with alpha-equipped textures. I think the shader normally used on road pieces doesn't allow transparency, so the shapes were probably modified. Easy enough to change, but a bit tedious to actually do it

Shawn,
    Scale Roads 2 lane dirt sections, I used the textures from the TS Mullan Pass. Eventually I want to either paint the road in, or leave as is and raise the terrain a bit better for the road. Haven't fully decided yet.
    -Shawn K-

I have it somewhere then. It looked so "blended" into the grass, it almost looked painted.
    Neil

I have it somewhere then. It looked so "blended" into the grass, it almost looked painted.
    I am unfortunately not that skilled, haha.

Some MRL Missoula Switching operations.

-Shawn K-

Decided to swap out some trees from those of the CN Ruel Sub. The birch tree still is in play though, for now.

-Shawn K-

Coming along nicely!
    Neil

Coming along nicely!
    Thanks, starting to look like the typical fall season in Maine too!

-Shawn K-