Page 63 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Route, Any Road, Any Era - 2022

-Shawn K-

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Such beautiful pics. It's like that route was specifically made for you and your railroads.
    Thanks buddy, you know the Canyon will always have a soft spot in my heart after living in it for 7 years. Though I'm definitely also ready to give Shasta a workout when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by jbtower View Post
    defect_detector your shots are ALWAYS so amazing!
    Kevin, glad you enjoy them. One last batch for the week.

MK

Default Clinchfield GP38s

Tyler Bundy put together another great model, this time representing Clinchfield's GP38s. Here is an example of the class leader painted in as-delivered grey scheme, that should be appearing soon. This will be followed by weathered and black paint models.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MK,
    Have you made changes to that route, or is that still "Out of the box" style? I recall watching a video a long time ago with that tunnel, it didn't even dawn on me it was the same route as you are showing until now.
    -Shawn K-

-Shawn K-

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    MK,
    Have you made changes to that route, or is that still "Out of the box" style? I recall watching a video a long time ago with that tunnel, it didn't even dawn on me it was the same route as you are showing until now.
    No changes from me and there’s very few tweaks that I’d say the route even needs, Marc really nailed it out of the park with his groundbreaking work.
    MK

Quote Originally Posted by defect_detector View Post
    No changes from me and there’s very few tweaks that I’d say the route even needs, Marc really nailed it out of the park with his groundbreaking work.
    Goodness, that's really impressive considering the route was built pre TSRE with the paint terrain option!
    Sadly, I think I missed out completely on that route, I don't even think 3dtrains has their website still.
    -Shawn K-

I was enjoying scrolling through the shots, wondering which route it was. Then I came across the last shot. "That looks a lot like Williams Loop", I thought. Then the thunderbolt struck, "Whoa, that's Feather River! I already have it!" I can't tell you the number of times I've run it but paid more attention to my train handling than the scenery. Time to run the CZ again (and I agree: it's a shame it's no longer available for newcomers to Open Rails).

Uncle E
    Whatever's cold in my fridge is the Official Beer of Open Rails.

More of my stupid fictional crap that pales when compared to others lol.

All these great screenshots are really tempting me to look more closely at what open rails has to offer.
    Thanks for posting!