Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turntable

Default Turntable

I am having difficulty trying to get the turntable to function correctly. With the help of Eric I was able to get the necessary files for a operational turntable however when doing the commands for operation it will not turn. I think I have the loco centered as Ive read to do. Always seems I'm missing one step .
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Hi Todd,

Are you going into Manual Mode to rotate your turntable? You should be able to rotate the turntable without an engine on it.

Paul :-)

This is from the discussion that was over on ET a year ago:

"Operation hints. After having stopped correctly the loco and having put reverser to neutral and entered manual mode (in explorer mode this last step is not needed) you can rotate the turntable clockwise with keys Alt+C, and counterclockwise with keys Ctrl+C. You must keep the keys pressed to continue rotation. When the first of the two rails of the rotating bridge is between the two rails where you want to stop, release the keys. Rotation will continue up to perfect alignment. If necessary exit from manual mode (if you are again on a path in activity mode) and move the loco out of the turntable."

Paul :-)

Yes, I was also in explorer mode so by default I think that's in Manual. No luck in the combination keys of Alt+C, Ctrl+C. Even tried without as well.
    Todd

Per email with Eric I verified that it has animation, also copied into my global folder( that is not something I did the first time) , still no go with the table.
    Todd

What version of ORTS?

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    What version of ORTS?
    Todd

Time to post pictures...

Are you running 1.4.0 or some of the newer releases? I forget when turntables were fully enabled. You told me in email that you were not getting the info messages about the locomotive being on the turntable, so that tells me that something is wrong with either your turntable.dat or file structure.

Are you getting any errors in your open rails.log file?

I updated to T1.4-709 to see if that would help no go, Looks like the errors are Track nodes and SignalShape. Heres my file structureUntitled-1.jpgUntitled-2.jpg
    Todd

Does the turntable rotate counterclockwise when animated with Shape Viewer? It should for correct operation with OR.