Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turntable

Quote Originally Posted by csantucci View Post
    Does the turntable rotate counterclockwise when animated with Shape Viewer? It should for correct operation with OR.
    Yes . But I don't understand why Im not seeing the info messages.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Are there any errors in the Openrails.log ???

I added a working turntable to a version of the DAR a couple of years ago. Someone was kind enough to set up the file for the turntable (8 degree spacing). When I tried to place the turntable at the end of the turntable lead in TSRE I had a lot of trouble. A couple of times it looked correct but wouldn't rotate in the sim. On closer inspection I noticed that the turntable was about 6" lower then the lead track, that's where TSRE placed it. I could adjust it and eventually placed the turntable in MSTS RE, then opened the route in TSRE and when I closed the route TSRE rebuilt the track data base, including the turntable nodes. Went back into TSRE and added the roundhouse tracks, saved and it worked in the sim. Take a close look and see if you are having the same issue with height.

Paul :-)

Quote Originally Posted by charland View Post
    I added a working turntable to a version of the DAR a couple of years ago. Someone was kind enough to set up the file for the turntable (8 degree spacing). When I tried to place the turntable at the end of the turntable lead in TSRE I had a lot of trouble. A couple of times it looked correct but wouldn't rotate in the sim. On closer inspection I noticed that the turntable was about 6" lower then the lead track, that's where TSRE placed it. I could adjust it and eventually placed the turntable in MSTS RE, then opened the route in TSRE and when I closed the route TSRE rebuilt the track data base, including the turntable nodes. Went back into TSRE and added the roundhouse tracks, saved and it worked in the sim. Take a close look and see if you are having the same issue with height.

This might be the cause. Will have to see. No errors in log. I know I'm placing the table on a -.4 % grade, how do I know if it's off with height ?
    Todd

Realistically, there'd never be a turntable on a grade... It needs to be balanced to operate, thus flat and level. Same for the engine shop floor.

Kinda give up. I don't see any issues with it being off even with it being snapped to the lead. I don't understand why I am having issues.
    Todd

Ya, don't have any grade on the turntable lead for one. When you place a turntable it's just like any other piece of track, it will be level. My problem was that my lead track was at one height and TSRE was placing the turntable track at a lower height. When you open it in the sim you can zoom into it and see the elevation difference where the turntable track meets the lead track.

I'll ask again, can you provide some screenshots showing the tdb lines?

Also make sure that your uid didn't change.

Untitled-2.jpgUntitled-3.jpg
    Not sure how much you want but can email you the TDB , Changed the UID.
    Todd

What I was intending to ask for was a screenshot of the turntable in-route with the yellow TDB lines visible... not the lines of the TDB file.

Also... turntables can’t be directly connected to a leading switch. They need a minimum of 1m straight between the pins on the turntable and a junction pin (red) for a switch.