Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: It Pulls You Back In...

LOL don't worry about mini Brad he gets a bit grouchy when you don't praise Run8. As for the Run8 spawns I never see them and I don't own all the stuff. There are 2 ways around it.

1) Operate with fake industries at the end points of routes. They will populate your trains and yards with what you want.

2) Filter out the cars you're not interested in.

Thanks

Sean

No worries Sean, he can go on my ignore list. I wouldn't know how to do that buddy, points 1 and 2.

I am getting disillusioned with Trainz, today. Can see it going in the bin before the day is out.

Should really stick to one train game. I can only concentrate on one at a time. Hence the uninstalling, reinstalling, chopping and changing.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Just so that everybody is clear. Don't send messages to the moderators asking us to knock somebody down a peg. The conversation here has been civil. We encourage dissent.

Wasn't me boss

Sean you have never seen these in game ?

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Wasn't me either...

Hey those look quite good Mike, any idea how they got in there as don't seem to resemble anything I have or visible on the R8 website.
    Vern.

Damn i thought it was you grassed me up Vern

No idea sorry buddy, i just re-installed R8. Installed my payware and ran the game.

I always see a lot of them. There are a couple of boxcar ones in the hump shunting pics i just posted.

They show up in the consist maker thingie, as the loco or rolling stock type. Description ends with R8 or Run8, they can be used in user created consists. Like the one i placed in the pic above. But they also show up automatically in game, if the player does not own the required DLC,

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by Brad3816 View Post
    What are you talking about? Nothing about Run8 livery, loco's or stock is fictional. Having run these locos in RL, they are very prototype. And I thought you "Uninstalled" the sim? Why the profuse, continuing rants/comments?
    Installed or not, anyone who shelled out money for this is free to call it a steaming pile of dog poo if they wish, provided they do so in a thoughtful and respectful manner towards others...

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post

Those sure do look fictional to me... Not a fan of the mixing of serif and sans serif fonts, though. Pick one and stick with it.
    Last edited by eolesen; 09-22-2022 at 02:11 PM.

I can see where they tried to make it represent BNSF for the hoppers, so it makes sense I suppose.
    But one would think, they wouldn't be rolling around plug door boxcars being open so freely. That's a huge no no in the industry... I've upset a few online customers because I told them I cannot move those cars until the doors are closed and secured. haha
    -Shawn K-

Yes I've noticed them before. I think the issue is you are using the default save. You need to start from scratch and create the trains you want with the engines and cars you want. Then you will not see those any longer.

BTW it wasn't me. I enjoy the friendly banter and the odd playful jab.

Thanks

Sean

In Open Rails it would sorta look like this, if the car shape needed to be distributed with the route because of consist/multiplayer contingencies but the user hadn't purchased the texture pack for the wellcars yet for $20