Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: It Pulls You Back In...

I’m just a grouchy old git… or so my wife tells me!

Party on dudes.

Added a couple more car sets to the collection last night - some wellcars and the centerbeams - so that’s a few more of those pesky default boxcars eliminated. However the US$ to GB£ exchange rate is decidedly ouch at the moment, something like $1.14 to £1.00 worst it’s been for a long time. Great if anyone from the US wants to visit this craphole of a country, but not so hot buying goods the other way!
    Vern.

Vern that’s all those years on the Railway that have made you grouchy :-))

I wish I purchased more Run8 packs when the exchange rate was better though it has been dire for sometime now but even worse at the moment.

It’s trying to work out what stock is needed and getting the right ones, I wish the Run8 shop was like Armstrong Powerhouses where it shows what packs you already own.

I must get back into Run8 as getting bored with TSW3 already.
    —————
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I’m just a grouchy old git… or so my wife tells me!

Party on dudes.

Added a couple more car sets to the collection last night - some wellcars and the centerbeams - so that’s a few more of those pesky default boxcars eliminated. However the US$ to GB£ exchange rate is decidedly ouch at the moment, something like $1.14 to £1.00 worst it’s been for a long time. Great if anyone from the US wants to visit this craphole of a country, but not so hot buying goods the other way!
    Particularly when 50p here and 46p there are slapped on each individual purchase, because it's an overseas transaction.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

As we have said before it would be useful if you could put more than one item in the cart, to avoid the individual bank charges on each one. I have listed all the current add ons long hand in a notebook and ticking them off as I buy but it could be very easy to overlook and buy more than once. Unlike a CD or book you can’t take it back to the shop or donate to charity (as I did recently when I bought the second Last Kingdom book twice!).
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    Thank You TrainSimJack. I'm sticking with defaults for the most part now that I have them burned into the O'l noggin-drill.
    For a time using my add-on calculator pad had setup single numbers for many of the KB command, after several updates, remaps here & there grew tiresome, went back to defaults. Had also setup the 2 rows of keys on the RailDriver for a time as well, those too rarely touch these days. Thank You Again Though.
    I know what you mean! I also had a similar experience/progression with the raildriver - do you still use yours for the throttle and such or are you 100% keyboard now?

I did buy more than once Vern. Purchased the 3x Dash 9 packs last week and then found out i already owned pack 01

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Oops...

The other thing I have been trying is a bit of loose shunting (or "kicking" as I think it's known over there). There must be a knack or a sweet spot to it, not very easy to accomplish. Close the aircocks between the cars and disconnect the hoses. Bleed the brakes on the cars you want to run loose. Start pushing back with the coupler highlighted and once it goes white quickly hit uncouple and apply the train brake. Unfortunately they don't always come apart, I think the secret is in the speed not going too fast. The idea is then like humping they roll to the end of the track you're forming the train up on and join to the first car already positioned there (as there's no retarder).

But the time taken, just as quick to push the whole train down, uncouple normally and pull away back to the headshunt to do the next bit.
    Vern.

I find a bit of indy break helps, but I know what you mean. Not sure if this is a feature or a change but I think it was easier at one point prior to V3 (somewhere in a V2 update).

Thanks

Sean

Vern, It's been a while since I kicked a car, but try this:

At rest, get the couplers stress so you can uncouple them at rest.

"open the coupler pin" from both sides.
    apply steady acceleration with the loco, not steady speed, you must accelerate the whole time.
    Drop the throttle and immediately max the independent brake

See if you have any luck with this approach.

And SS I agree, this did seem easier in V2.

Great suggestions there, I’ll give them a try. There is certainly a bit of trial and error. As regards time saving, well at Sparks a bit debatable as working from the west end the yard is on a slight falling gradient. That means you have to chase the detached car(s) and keep feathering the handbrake, or they will end up hitting the stationary vehicles at 20 MPH.
    Vern.