Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: It Pulls You Back In...

Hi Vern and another suggestions as in real life each rail does it a little different.

Try this also

Bunch them up and if no air is on the cars then pull the pin and having about an 8lb Indy on already, throttle up to notch 4. I use a keyboard for switching besides at times my RD but more of a challenge on the keyboard.
    If kicking from the westend of Sparks I wouldn't go over about 3 or 4 mph even less as they will roll and what you have kicked in you will have to chase them down.
    What you can do is drop a car or kick one in and let it roll to a point that gives you enough room for cars to be kicked and place a handbrake on it and let the others roll into it.
    Work Safe play hard

Thanks Dale!
    Vern.

Uninstalled.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Vern that’s all those years on the Railway that have made you grouchy :-))

I wish I purchased more Run8 packs when the exchange rate was better though it has been dire for sometime now but even worse at the moment.

It’s trying to work out what stock is needed and getting the right ones, I wish the Run8 shop was like Armstrong Powerhouses where it shows what packs you already own.

I must get back into Run8 as getting bored with TSW3 already.
    Hey Jason does it not in the TMU when you make a train up not show what you have as if it is default is it not grayed out or am I thinking of something else grey oh yes my hair sorry wrong topic....
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Uninstalled.

second word is oh goody a game of charades
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Hey Jason does it not in the TMU when you make a train up not show what you have as if it is default is it not grayed out or am I thinking of something else grey oh yes my hair sorry wrong topic....
    Up to a point. You can also call up the tagger which will tell you the particular type e.g. "Wellcar" but not which of the several packs it's included in. For example in the busy NorCal session there's a rake of about 15 boxcars which are actually wellcars for Lathrop parked up on the north side of the line at Sparks. I bought Wellcar 1 pack and it populated all of three of the total with the correct vehicle type, so looks like I need to spend another $20 to finish the consist.

Probably my biggest gripe (aside from the graphics) is that assembling all these different wagon packs with just a few types in each start to make Run 8 a rather expensive product.

Uninstalled.
    The trees again Mike, or those terrain textures on Donner?

I don't think I would ever ditch Run 8 but dividing my time the last couple of days between it and TSW3, graphics aside if you pay £25/$40 for a TSW3 route you get the complete package needed to run it (with anything subbing or layering in from other routes only if you own them) so you don't have all these out of place placeholder items everywhere.
    Vern.

Uninstalled.
    Why does that not surprise me?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Re-installed Trainz earlier, found a hump shunting module. That can be fully automated or run manually. More features than the Run8 equivalent.

No Vern just bored with it buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Re-installed Trainz earlier, found a hump shunting module. That can be fully automated or run manually. More features than the Run8 equivalent.

No Vern just bored with it buddy.

Mike.
    I hear you... I know you dislike TSW3 but having grabbed the mod that tones down the adaptive eye a bit and the UUU save workaround being reasonably successful, keep getting drawn back.
    Vern.

Okay is this about Run8 or TSW
    Work Safe play hard