Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: It Pulls You Back In...

Yes Run8 is not perfect but every sim has their pros and cons. Run8 will improve, but we'll see what potential they capatilise on in the future. For now I would highly recommend this despite not currently running on my system. Hopefully they will expand and gain momentum which is why channels and servers like myself and others do nothing but show the best Run8 has to offer.

Even if I'm critical of something doesn't make Run8 any less of a great product. I think being critical shows honesty which I try to be in my views of the product. People don't want 1 side of the story they want to hear the good and the bad to make an informed decision.

Thanks

Sean

Eek. In the wider world the £ has just slumped over the weekend to $1.03! Leaving the wider political issue of our grossly incompetent government and banking sector out of it, sadly that pretty much kills off any further purchase of Run 8 items for the time being. Not so long ago we were getting $1.40 or thereabouts to the £.
    Vern.

Yup no more US dollar purchases. I have renewed my TRS22 Gold membership. A pound is still worth 20 million Aussie dollars

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Yup no more US dollar purchases. I have renewed my TRS22 Gold membership. A pound is still worth 20 million Aussie dollars

Mike.
    Ah! Is this why Trainz is so expensive in the US?

I've always admired the Trainz games, I just wish they would charge less on the subscriptions, if for nothing other than marketing reasons.

When Adobe opened the floodgates to subscription software, at least they were giving users thousands of dollars in software for $600 a year.

I am not sure buddy, sorry. Mind i think Trainz is expensive everywhere, to buy the game outright.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Fired Run 8 up again last night after downloading Patch #5. Yep it still pulls you back in... Enabled the Busy Socal session from The Depot, then dropped in my loaded Oil Cans (BKDOU or as it would be known now UBKDO) for a run down into LA, if Otto plays ball.
    Still think SoCal is the best all round territory, that's not to denigrate the SE, New York or Donner routes but I think for sheer scale it wins over.

However running the Oil Cans makes one painfully aware of the "missing link" - i.e. the Soledad Canyon route down into the LA Basin. Hopefully this will come at some stage.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    .... Enabled the Busy Socal session from The Depot, ...
    Vern, is that a saved World?
    I can't find it on The Depot's download pages.

What are the parameters for the Oil Cans?
    I have a feeling I created similar some years ago for R8 v1 but naturally can't find a bloody thing now!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I think busy barstow might be one of the built in world saves.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainSimJack View Post
    I think busy barstow might be one of the built in world saves.
    Yep....Busy Barstow is a default World but Vern is referring to something called Busy SoCal, which makes me wonder if it is a different item.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Yep....Busy Barstow is a default World but Vern is referring to something called Busy SoCal, which makes me wonder if it is a different item.
    It's a separate download Bruce. The link is on their (The Depot) forum, thread titled "Very Populated SoCal V3 Download", don't want to post directly as I'm not sure what it's okay to post from there having already incurred one strike out of two that gets a lifetime ban! A search should bring it up.

So many trains and stabled consists, cars placed at industries etc., it would probably take months if not years to work through and clear them all!
    Vern.