Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: It Pulls You Back In...

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    In Open Rails it would sorta look like this, if the car shape needed to be distributed with the route because of multiplayer contingencies but the user hadn't purchased the texture pack for the wellcars yet for $20
    Ironically enough, the image has no payware in it when it comes to the car.

It was actually an issue with the .sd file calling for another texture file, which wasn't provided by me, or the original content creator (Andrew Tucker-Wells), for winter and fall textures.

But at least I am able to provide you an example.....
    -Shawn K-

I am pretty clueless when it comes to NA railroads. But i was pretty sure Run8, as a livery was fictional guys.

You are not on my ignore list Shawn...........YET

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

You know there is enough crap in this world today do we need it here also. Play nice or this thread gets locked plain and simple.
    Work Safe play hard

Whats this then, good cop bad cop ?
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    You know there is enough crap in this world today do we need it here also. Play nice or this thread gets locked plain and simple.
    We've already been visited by a policeman who politely advised us regarding dissent, thank you.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Sean you have never seen these in game ?....
    Mike, my R8 was littered with those locos until I gradually bought loco-packs.....still more to go but it's such a tedious process.
    As for the boxcars, I have more of those than I can poke a stick at!!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Thank goodness it's not just me then Bruce. I do have a few DLC, but nothing like a complete set. To banish the ficticious ones from my R8 world. I was going to grab the tunnel motors pack and the last 3 sets of SD40-2's i do not own earlier. But then i got told i don't have a voice here and thought. Bugger it do i really want to bother spending more money.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Brad, I think Mike is referring to the "Run8" liveries to be found on boxcars and on some locos.
    Thanks for the clarification. I thought the reference was to the way Run8 was modelling stock in general. I apologize for jumping the gun and agree the Run8 placeholder stuff is not very good. I suppose we're lucky here in the US to be able to easily purchase everything we can afford without added overseas expense, etc. I couldn't handle a bunch of the placeholder stuff. If you know how, you can replace the Run8 placeholder textures with owned textures so long as they match the exact size of the unit you're 'tricking'........

Actually, i like the way Run 8 has set up the default system, as in other MP sims if you did not have all the DLC's that were needed you could not join a MP server.

This way you can still join and not be left out. Sure, the box cars look bland, but it is not hard to remove them from the spawns in SP if you wish, then you can run trains without ever seeing a Run 8 Liveried car.

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Sorry but I don’t see anything going on but a bit of friendly banter and again must emphasise, as the OP the thread is proceeding in a most satisfactory way. If criticism of Run 8/3DTS trading model when it comes to charging $10 for a small set of cars or skins plus their one at a time shopping basket is “crap” then what’s the point of having a Run 8 forum at all? Just as we say about DTG, it’s still a commercial product which we the customers are paying for and therefore constructive and considered feedback should be welcomed, not suppressed.

Otherwise it will just get peoples backs up, the ultimate result being uninstalling the whole thing and no more business for Run 8, whether it be their stock packs or routes. So please, so long as people don’t start swearing at each other, let it ride.
    Vern.