Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Trainsim dead? - Never received account creation confirmation email

Unhappy UK Trainsim dead? - Never received account creation confirmation email

Hello,

I recently tried to create an account with uktrainsim.com in order to acquire the following files I have linked down below. However, after nearly seven days since creating my account, I have not received the account activation email from the site admins. Looking on the forums, its seems that this has been a topic of discussion that has been growing for some time. However, I wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced this problem as well? Along with any potential workarounds which you may have found to gain access to the site?

Thanks!

https://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-d...,ty=15,cls=665

Have you checked your spam folder?

There are NO workarounds.
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Have you checked your spam folder?

There are NO workarounds.
    Yep. Been checking it regularly since I attempted to sign up.

Sadly there doesn’t appear to be much life over there. The site’s original owner/admin is now a high ranking officer at Dovetail Games and presumably no longer involved in day to day operation. I believe one of his family members took over but from what I read elsewhere, their heart is not really in it.
    Vern.

Not sure they are taking new registrations. I know they are only doing monthly premier membership for the downloads.

I needed downloads last month and only option was a month for the pay service. Long term future of the site, is probably in doubt.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ......The site’s original owner/admin is now a high ranking officer at Dovetail Games.....
    That must've been a demotion, then.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Hahahahahahahaha, high ranking of what though. Certainly nothing special me thinks.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Not sure they are taking new registrations. I know they are only doing monthly premier membership for the downloads.

I needed downloads last month and only option was a month for the pay service. Long term future of the site, is probably in doubt.

Mike.
    Well, in that case I do hope that somehow the files on that site survive whatever future awaits them. Always a shame to see a bunch of freeware vanish from the web. For now though, I have at least been able to make do with a similar version of the 225 from treinpunt.nl, which had one wearing a GWR livery.

Thank you all for helping to clear the air.

Regards,

Shikansen95A

Hahahahahahahaha, high ranking of what though. Certainly nothing special me thinks.

Mike.
    I was being ironic...
    Vern.

Mike.
    Good afternoon.
    The site www.uktrainsim.com is still working correctly.
    At September 04 I download the last file inserted on Library (we must have an user name and a password).
    Best regards.
    Mateus