Thread: Activity editor

Default Activity editor

Im learning my way through the AE. A few questions have popped up. Do we have a way to look at AI traffic like we did in MSRE short of going into OR and seeing if traffic is set up correctly. I kinda forget how to set up more traffic with AI start time so that there will be more on coming trains to have meets with.^example^ Lets say player train starts at 12 noon but want a meet in a town that is about 7 miles out, I have a start time at 11:17 but train still meets player train about 3 miles outside of starting town. ^ Do I need to set start time back a few more ? Thanks for the help, been struggling a little bit with getting use to the AE in TSRE .
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Well....If TSRE is similar to the MSTS version, (honestly don't know) I'd try adjusting the starting time back and the speed of the train if you have the option.

There are a couple of ways...as mentioned, adjusting the start time, adjusting speed of AI train, or if your running ORTS, you can set a wait point on the AI train path and set it to wait like 99 minutes or so. then set a location event in activity that will modify the wait time of the AI train back to 0 secs....that way the player train's location defines the release of the AI train's Wait point....

Give this a try, activitytimeschanger_v2_0_zip.zip . Found in library, works great.

AJ

Thanks guys I didn't really know how to mess with that start time, I still wish I had access to the original editor sometimes
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Quote Originally Posted by cnwfan View Post
    Thanks guys I didn't really know how to mess with that start time, I still wish I had access to the original editor sometimes
    Just a note to all. Unless things have changed,(falling back to 2005, last time I really used MSTS/OR) doing activities with the MSTS editor and running it in OR will give you wacky results. I found things to be way off for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    Just a note to all. Unless things have changed,(falling back to 2005, last time I really used MSTS/OR) doing activities with the MSTS editor and running it in OR will give you wacky results. I found things to be way off for the most part.
    That's because signalling is completely different in OR vs MSTS. If you do a simple timetable run with a single train, it would work fine. But throw in traffic and it's definitely going to deviate