Thread: An excellent Japanese cab-view video - Fuzisawa to Kamakura.

Default An excellent Japanese cab-view video - Fuzisawa to Kamakura.

In 4K60fps, an excellent video.
    Clearly recorded in the morning....all the uniformed school-kids on the platforms....and an intimate view of life along this light railway route.

Great stuff!

Here's the Google Maps link to the location...........
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fuji...190156!3e3!5i3
    Last edited by seagoon; 10-08-2022 at 04:30 PM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Thanks for sharing Bruce.
    Vern.

Yeah thanks Bruce, enjoyed that.
    —————
    Jason

You're welcome, lads.

One minor correction to my description....it wasn't in the morning but afternoon; one of the platforms further along the route has a clock reading 4:40 so the school-day must have been over.

Space is clearly at a premium in Japan.....the fact that there is almost no clearance between the buildings and the line. Passengers can quite literally see right into the rooms.....curtains would definitely be required for privacy.

The lineside is very clean and neat. No litter or refuse to be seen. Same for the streets.

If you would like to see more of this person's videos here's a link to their YT home page....
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ArkibkTrainzenmen/featured
    Last edited by seagoon; 10-09-2022 at 04:30 PM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    You're welcome, lads.

One minor correction to my description....it wasn't in the morning but afternoon; one of the platforms further along the route has a clock reading 4:40 so the school-day must have been over.

Space is clearly at a premium in Japan.....the fact that there is almost no clearance between the buildings and the line. Passengers can quite literally see right into the rooms.....curtains would definitely be required for privacy.

The lineside is very clean and neat. No litter or refuse to be seen. Same for the streets.

If you would like to see more of this person's videos here's a link to their YT home page....
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ArkibkTrainzenmen/featured
    Thank you very much.
    Very interesting... and different from Europe!
    Best regards.
    Mateus, Portugal

I enjoyed it as well, thanks.
    There a similar sections along the Chicago Elevated, where you are spit distance from buildings. I vividly remember as a child thinking that I could almost reach out the trains window and grab a glass of water from someone's kitchen we were so close.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by magmateus View Post
    Thank you very much.
    Very interesting... and different from Europe!...l
    And very different from Australia too, Mateus.
    Glad you enjoyed it.