Thread: City Bus Manager

Default City Bus Manager

This new game may be of interest to some.............

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...y_Bus_Manager/
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Seems a bit pricey for early access and what look to be simple, sprite/bitmap graphics. Reminiscent of that "Bahn" 2D sim which was kicking around some years ago.
    Vern.

But it has the whole world. Even your city

Thanks

Sean

I bet it doesn't have my city.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I bet it doesn't have my city.
    Well, what else do you expect? I'd be surprised if it's even got Wales in it.

It has received several thumbs-down on Steam reviews, one of them very well written and with explanations as to why.
    In essence: too expensive, too much micro-managing; minimal tutorial and insufficient explaining what is required.
    Last edited by seagoon; 11-12-2022 at 04:05 PM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Not only rubbish but racist as well then
    Yma O Hyd

Yeah I can't stand micro-managing. Thanks for letting me know I'll avoid that one.

Even Workers & Resources Soviet Republic which I thought was really cool as it dealt with power grids, trains, commodities, etc. has way too much micro-managing. Another one now that I think of it is Transport Fever.

Too me any of those tycoon, or operations style sims or games need to have logical AI that deals with the every day tasks. If you are a CEO you may plan out new expansions etc. But you shouldn't be resonsible for every aspect of the operation (that is why you hire people who manage these things). Different if you're a smaller operation like a short line for example where you would be the only manager but you have much less on your plate.

Thanks

Sean